Thursday, May 25, 2017

Weekend glory Ft The Kanatal Orchids

We live in a world where lives are portrayed like dreams, and everyday we're forced to witness an endless barrage of fabricated perfection. Everywhere. But is the life around us really perfect? 

I am certainly one off character who lives in round pegs in square world. With my menacing work life, trying to balance my hobbies (blogging et all) and keeping up with my social- family life. Not a rant post, on the contrary, I have learned to take rest and find my little happy escapes in Travelling. Darling escapes.

While I have myself felt the pressure to choose between myriad options to travel, I am a perfectionist and compulsive list maker, but to give you a practical realm, my fully planned and paid trip to Europe got canceled this april. And that was that for me to realize some things are best unplanned. I was pretty sure whatever chance was coming my way to travel; I was going to grab it with full hands leaving behind control a bit. Control Freaks, you hear me ? 

More or less, I knew that I have not travelled much in India, there is a lot of scope to backpack. Hence this ultimate weekend travel story Feat @The kanatal orchids and picture stories from the mad run and rush both.
If you give me a choice I would in a blink choose beach, but mountains this time did call me*gushes* Also Good time so say aye to my partner in crime for the road trip, Akash from
 travellersfoodboxx ,
Nikhil(Co-Founder The kanatal orchids-camps) being the most entertaining host ever met, so far.


      More or less, I knew that I have not travelled much in India, there is a lot of scope to backpack. Hence this ultimate weekend travel story Feat @The kanatal orchids and picture stories from the mad run and rush both.


 1)  
Route: We left for Kanatal around 7:30 am via NH. The total distance from Delhi to 78 KMs from Dehradun, Kanatal is relatively lesser known is around which is covered in about 8 hours with a 2 small stoppages at rishikesh and Meerut.  I recommend leaving early morning in order to avoid heavy traffic in and around.
       You can book yourself camps from The kanatal orchids


2) Food and ambiance: Food is simple and tasty as it gets. Mostly vegetarian, the cuisine at Kanatal is rich with the inclusion of lentils, pulses and various other hill produce with local spices with leave you feeling light and freshly cooked meals in mountains views; you will of course relish it more. Chai pakoras and views sum it all.

      Local drink called  Buransh is made of the local flower burans (a type of rhododendron)is very refreshing and is told to be having lot of antioxidants. All health fanatics listening, I hope!

       3)  Don’t miss :
·         Local trek to Sarkunda trek preferably in early morning to enjoy cold breeze instead of blazing sun. Under guidance of a local too.
·         Trip to mussorie since its an hour away. And further up to Dhanlauti etc if you may like.
·         Boating experience at tehri dam/ lake. I couldn’t manage in this trip, but locals says its       great with some options of water sports.
·         Star gazing , and self-introspect in the quaint.
·         Bonfires should never be missed accompanied by happy drinks and friends!

       4)Traveler’s hacks:

·         Carry basics like towels/toiletries when camping.
·         It’s cold round the season carry layers.
·         Working and running shoes for the treks

·         Its best to book in advance, camps are mostly full round the season. 

      Also, guest house run by the same founders ‘Goodluck Homestay’. It is just 10kms before Kanatal Orchids & provides you a cosy stay with a very nominal cost.

In a glimpse the beauty around the camps:















You just need a weekend to plan a visit to this fun camp.

Life is short, Take that trip , you guys. 

Until Next , 

Love 

Muse

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog dear Bhawna. All the very best for your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done The Muse....
    Entertaining Host :) i doubt but will accept if you say so.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Very good article. I absolutely appreciate this website. Keep writing!
    TellCulvers
    TellDunkin

    ReplyDelete